perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Direct upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Direct upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Brian Candler <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Direct upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 17:05:56 +0000

Brian Candler writes:

I still have some old nodes on CentOS 6 with perfsonar 4.0.

If I follow the upgrade procedure at
https://docs.perfsonar.net/install_migrate_centos7.html, is this likely
to work when jumping straight from 4.0 to 4.2 ?

That should be no problem. pScheduler can self-upgrade from the earliest
release and pSConfig should take over your old MeshConfig setup.

(I realise that I'll lose the bwctl backward compatibility - so nodes
upgraded to 4.2 won't be able to talk to remaining 4.0 nodes in the
interim. I can cope with that)

Anything 4.0 and later runs pScheduler, so all you will lose in 4.2 is the
ability to talk to 3.x systems. We stopped installing BWCTL by default in
4.1. Just make sure any ACLs you have ahead of your old nodes are configured
per our guidelines and you shouldn't notice the difference.

--Mark