perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Assistance needed setting up a Perfsonar central management server

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Assistance needed setting up a Perfsonar central management server

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: "Archer, Toben D" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Assistance needed setting up a Perfsonar central management server
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:38:42 +0200

W dniu 16.08.2019 o 18:33, Archer, Toben D pisze:
Hello all,
I need some assistance in setting up a fresh central management server. I have a fresh Centos 7 machine. I followed the instructions found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_centos.html got to the end and then wasn't sure what to do next. when I navigate to the server in question in my browser it just says "site cannot be reached". I asked about this in the gpn-RP slack channel and ran to the end of people's knowledge there quickly. One suggestion was to check if I had an httpd or esmond process. Neither was running. There was an httpd in systemctl so I spun that up to no avail. There is also no Cassandra process running. Any tips on what to do next to get the central management server running? Thanks,

Hi Toben,

The package installation is just an entry point for central management components. Then you would need to move to more specific sections of the configuration:

for archive http://docs.perfsonar.net/multi_ma_install.html

for Maddash http://docs.perfsonar.net/maddash_config_server.html

and subsections of the above

try the sequence:

systemctl enable cassandra
systemctl restart cassandra
systemctl restart maddash-server

Then check http(s)://(IP or hostname)/maddash-webui

Make sure there is no firewall preventing you opening ports 80 and 443

You may want to look at logs to find any errors.

best regards,

--
Szymon Trocha
Poznań Supercomputing & Networking Center