perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Fwd: Installation of perfsonar

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Fwd: Installation of perfsonar

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Bhanu Priya <>, Antoine Delvaux <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Fwd: Installation of perfsonar
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:22:26 -0400

Normally I’d tell you to look at the VirtualBox documentation... but I actually happen to have a document for developers starting on the project that details VirtualBox setup which may be of some use: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12R-KQzRG47sd_8c-_6T0v1LUVqevcZPjn9uO8IAiKfg/edit?usp=sharing.

It details just one of the many ways you could get perfSONAR on a Virtualbox. All of the options in the document Antoine shared are viable on VirtualBox (i.e. use our iso directly, install the OS first then install our packages, etc). It sounds like you may be new to VirtualBox, so I’d still recommend consulting the VirtualBox documentation first since there is really nothing special about perfSONAR versus any other Linux packages you might install.