perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] recommended hardware requirements for maddash and archive servers

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] recommended hardware requirements for maddash and archive servers

  • From: Andrej Ricnik <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] recommended hardware requirements for maddash and archive servers
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 07:18:14 +1200

Zdravo Tadeja,

To the best of my knowledge there are no official guidelines for the deployment of these two components as stand-alone machines (be it physical or virtual).
speaks of 1GB RAM & 8GB disk space for a maddash instance.

I'd suggest taking the generic hardware recommendations an applying some estimates of potential load and long term storage requirements.

Adio,
Andrej