perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Specifying reverse iperf3 throughput tests in a psconfig template

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Specifying reverse iperf3 throughput tests in a psconfig template

  • From: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC]" <>
  • To: Mark Feit <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Specifying reverse iperf3 throughput tests in a psconfig template
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 19:25:19 +0000
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 ndmsvnpf101.ndc.nasa.gov 0B0D44008CBE

Hi Mark,

Adding the reverse option into the test specification is reversing the test but it’s doing it in both directions.  What I’m getting between managed hosts (a-addresses) and non-agent host (b-addresses) with the reverse option is something like this:

pscheduler task throughput  --source <a-address> --dest <b-address> --reverse

pscheduler task throughput  --source <b-address> --dest <a-address> --reverse

What I’m trying to achieve is the to set up throughput tests based on something like this:

pscheduler task throughput  --source <a-address> --dest <b-address>

pscheduler task throughput  --source <a-address> --dest <b-address> --reverse

This allows me to run tests in both directions when “pscheduler task throughput  --source <b-address> --dest <a-address>” fails due to an error.  Given the default behavior for tests run against disjoint groups, I’m thinking I need to create a group that is defined as unidirectional and create two separate tasks – one that runs throughput tests with the reverse option set and the other without it.

It’s kinda ugly but it should work. Am I missing a “cleaner” approach?

Thanks,

George