perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Xeon-D adequate for low cost 10G PS under $2,000 USD? If not, recommend cheapest 10G HW.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Xeon-D adequate for low cost 10G PS under $2,000 USD? If not, recommend cheapest 10G HW.

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Paul Gunn <>, Minseok Jang <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Xeon-D adequate for low cost 10G PS under $2,000 USD? If not, recommend cheapest 10G HW.
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:16:40 +0000

Paul Gunn writes:

I tried to do a simultaneous 10G test between two 10G nodes, 22 ms apart, to show you. But pscheduler was too smart for me. First one, then the other.

pScheduler restricts that because running more than one of certain kinds of test at a time runs the risk of distorting the results for all of them.  Running simultaneous throughput in both directions may not be the bests thing to do because making return traffic swim upstream will affect how TCP behaves.

If there are tools that can do a bidirectional measurement, they can be integrated.

--Mark