perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] MadDash configuration

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] MadDash configuration

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: Ramzi Abdallah <>
  • Cc: "" <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] MadDash configuration
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 14:06:04 +0000

Hi Ramzi,

> Le 27 avr. 2019 à 06:15, Ramzi Abdallah <> a écrit :
>
> Trying to load the attached testing maddash configuration file
> "psconfig-aub.json" into a freshly installed maddash server but cannot get
> it to load in the dashboard. I've validated the file using jq and psconfig
> both showed no errors.
>
> [root@maddash ~]# psconfig validate psconfig-aub.json
> pSConfig JSON is valid
>
> I then published the file using:
>
> [root@maddash ~]# psconfig publish psconfig-aub.json Success! File saved to
> /usr/lib/perfsonar/web-psconfig/psconfig-aub.json
>
> Published file can be accessed at
> https://193.188.128.91/psconfig/psconfig-aub.json
>
> Execute the following on a host running an agent to use this file:
> psconfig remote add "https://193.188.128.91/psconfig/psconfig-aub.json";
>

> [root@maddash ~]# psconfig published
>
> [psconfig-aub.json]
> Local File: /usr/lib/perfsonar/web-psconfig/psconfig-aub.json
> Web URL: https://193.188.128.91/psconfig/psconfig-aub.json
>

> I tried restarting the psconfig-maddash-agent service and the
> maddash-server with not luck.

Did you also added the newly published configuration to the psconfig remote
list on the maddash server itself?

It is better to do it using the file, as it is local to the same machine and
will then notice the changes faster when you publish an updated file in the
future (should notice change within one minute). That would be running this
command as root on the maddash machine:

psconfig remote add /usr/lib/perfsonar/web-psconfig/psconfig-aub.json

It should then show with the `psconfig remote list` command and you will get
information about the grids defined by running `psconfig maddash-stats` (give
the psconfig-maddash-agent at least one minute to run before running the
stats command).

If you've done all these steps, but the remote list or the maddash-stats
shows empty or the dashboard still doesn't show up, have a look in
/var/log/perfsonar/psconfig-maddash-agent.log to see if any errors are logged.

Let us know how it goes,

Antoine.