perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] [ps] Re: pSConfig Web Admin

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] [ps] Re: pSConfig Web Admin

  • From: Johann Hugo <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] [ps] Re: pSConfig Web Admin
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 15:43:25 +0200

Hi

I've got a couple of pSConfig Web Admin questions.

1) I'm running PWA on the same VM as Maddash, using ports 8000 + 8443 for the Nginx container. The meshconfig URL, as shown in the documentation below, points to http://my-server/pub/config/ , but gives an error when I try to export my configs. If I open http://my-server/pub/config/ directly in my browser I get nothing, but https://my-server:8443/pub/config/ seems to be there. Is the URL as shown in the PWA web GUI still valid when the Nginx container listens on port 8000 + 8433 ?

2) Inside this file /etc/pwa/nginx/conf.d/pwa.conf I've changes the ports for http and https to 8000 and 8433. I'm just wondering if the redirect from http:my-host:8000/ to https:myhost:8433/ will work correctly

server {
    listen       8000;

    location / {
        return 301 https://$host/;
    }
    location /pub/ {
        proxy_pass http://pwapub/;
    }
}

3) If I change any of the configs in /etc/pwa, what procedure should I follow to make the new changes applicable to the docker containers ? Should I just systemctl restart docker ?

Regards
Johann