perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] XML for ignoring the first few seconds of Loss tests

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] XML for ignoring the first few seconds of Loss tests

  • From: "John Emery" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] XML for ignoring the first few seconds of Loss tests

We have a great Perfsonar/Maddash Map setup with a central management pSconfig
json file. I have noticed that we are getting frequent small spikes in the
Loss graphs and when I dig into the details they almost always lose about
600ish packets. This leads me to believe that this is standard "ramp up" loss
that is expected. I would like to eliminate the ramp up period of the test so
my graphs reflect smooth operation not spikey which is a little hard to
explain away to non technical folks. I cannot find anywhere in the
documentation the correct XML to insert into my probe.json file to ignore the
first few seconds of a test. If I configure a probe manually through the
probe GUI ignoring the first few seconds of a test is an option. Below are my
test tasks.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"tests": {
"throughput_test": {
"type": "throughput",
"spec": {