perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] localhost pscheduler failing

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] localhost pscheduler failing

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC]" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] localhost pscheduler failing
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 22:12:26 +0000

Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC] writes:

The /etc/resov.conf file pointed to a blocked DNS server.  I have had our security team unblock it on the local firewall and it’s all working now.  This brings up an issue about installing perfsonar in closed and highly secured environments.  Is there a way to support private IP’s in perfsonar without DNS particularly If the test nodes don’t have and probably will never have a FQDN?

If you don’t have a DNS server, configure the name service switch file (/etc/nsswitch.conf) so the resolver doesn’t query DNS for hosts.  Nothing in perfSONAR will know or care.  You will want to leave “files” in that entry because pScheduler does depend on localhost being resolvable.

--Mark