perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Any perfSONAR traning workshop this year?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Any perfSONAR traning workshop this year?

  • From: "Chevalier, Scott S" <>
  • To: Gustavo Neves Dias <>, Minseok Jang <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Any perfSONAR traning workshop this year?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:21:45 +0000

Greetings Minseok,

There following workshops, presented by International Networks at Indiana University (IN@IU), are upcoming:

  • Vientiane, Laos – March 6-8 (with support from Asi@Connect)
  • Rabat, Morocco – April 15-18  (with support from AfricaConnect2 through NEAAR)
  • New Delhi, India – July 8-10 (with support from Asi@Connect)

Each of these workshops introduces participants to the following concepts:

  • small, low-cost gear
  • hands-on installation of the perfSONAR Toolkit
  • Configuration and basic operation of the perfSONAR testpoints
  • Theory regarding best case placement of perfSONAR testpoints
  • Installation and configuration of the perfSONAR Central Management package
  • pSConfig and MaDDash on a host intended to serve as a Measurement Archive for participating nodes
Basic Troubleshooting concepts

It is worth noting that IN@IU usually also organizes a 1-day perfSONAR track at the bi-annual APAN meetings.

While the timetable for the Laos workshop may be prohibitive, we can attempt to work with you and the training hosts to secure a seat at the workshops above.

There may be other opportunities sponsored via other groups as well, these are only the ones of which I am currently aware.

Cheers,

Scott Chevalier

Network Systems Analyst

International Networks @ IU