perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Regarding the Installation of PerfSONAR toolkit.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Regarding the Installation of PerfSONAR toolkit.

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan" <>
  • To: shahrin sharif <>, "perfsonar-user ()" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Regarding the Installation of PerfSONAR toolkit.
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:21:42 +0000

Hello Shahrin,

 It is always a good idea to put your questions to the perfSONAR user list, unless there is a sensitive information to be shared.

For the general questions you have I believe these do belong to the list, hence I added the user list here.

Please seek assistance from VMware, If you are referring to this Command-Line Interface: https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vcli/

Otherwise in order for you to understand please review the links below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell

https://hackertarget.com/ssh-examples-tunnels/

These explain what VMware does, what Linux is and finally what the Secure Shell is. It is the ‘Secure Shell’ that provides you with CLI on the Linux system, which you have installed on a virtual system under VMware.

An exact example of how to connect to the ‘Secure Shell’ that provides you with CLI on the Linux system on a virtual system under VMware is given in the last link under the ‘First The Basics’ paragraph.

Best regards,

Ivan