perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] problems with light clients

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] problems with light clients

  • From: andres oliva <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] problems with light clients
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 17:01:05 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi, first apologize for the delay in the mail I'm answering, I went on vacation and had no connection where I was.

Secondly, and resuming the mentioned project (installing perfsonar in low cost ARM platforms), I have tried with the following options:
1. Install perfsonar-testpoint (it was not possible)
2. Point to the Ubuntu ARM repository (did not mean changes)

RESULTS:
1.

apt-get install perfsonar-testpoint

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

 perfsonar-testpoint : Depends: pscheduler-bundle-full but it is not going to be installed

2.

apt-get install pscheduler-bundle-full

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

 pscheduler-bundle-full : Depends: pscheduler-tool-iperf3 but it is not going to be installed

                          Depends: pscheduler-tool-nuttcp but it is not going to be installed

3.

apt-get install pscheduler-tool-iperf3

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

 pscheduler-tool-iperf3 : Depends: numactl but it is not installable

QUESTIONS

1. numactl: NUMA scheduling and memory placement tool

NUMA is a CPU feature (IIRC), is it essential for installation in low cost ARM platforms?

2. What other way can I take to install perfsonar-testpoint in my in low cost ARM platforms?

Thanks!!

El jue., 27 de sep. de 2018 a la(s) 04:15, Valentin Vidic () escribió:
On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 03:18:31PM +0000, D'Angelo, Cas (Samuel) wrote:
> You may want to review this page
> http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_small_node_details.html  which
> suggests the perfsonar-testpoint or perfsonar-tools bundles for low
> cost ARM platforms.  If these also fail, I suggest that the odriod
> build doesn't have the expected packages built for the platform.  You
> may be able to point the odroid installation at another apt repository
> (such as Ubuntu's arm repository), however there is likely a reason
> odriod didn't include these packages.... (hardware incompatible,
> increased load, memory requirements, etc)

Yes, you can try installing perfsonar-testpoint and esmond.  If this is
a Ubuntu clone it is possible they did not include Java or some other
package required by perfsonar.

--
Valentin Vidic
Computer Systems Engineer - Expert

--

Jaime Andrés Oliva
Ing. en electrónica y telecomunicaciones
Consultor en seguridad informática
móvil: 310-501-9219
skype: jaime.andres.oliva