perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Pollution of service directory

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Pollution of service directory

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Brian Candler <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Pollution of service directory
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:59:07 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi Brian,

Thanks for letting us know. The records automatically expire after a couple hours, so turning off registration is enough. Doing a quick search I didn't see any of them anymore.

You are correct that currently the page shows a bunch of private addresses that should probably be filtered out. The service directory in general needs a lot of work, for example it doesn't even allow you to filter on the aforementioned node-access-policy. Right now even the addresses in public-space are hit-and-miss since its hard to know what ACLs they are behind, how bust they are, etc. I think you are hitting on some pieces of a much larger topic we've been discussing in the development team recently which is how we can make the lookup service and the data it contains more reliable. We don't know that we have all the answers yet, but this is something at the forefront of our minds.