perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash with force_bidirectional 1 is set

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash with force_bidirectional 1 is set

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Kate Adams <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash with force_bidirectional 1 is set
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 12:12:58 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi,

force_bidirectional is a very confusing option in my opinion, which is part of the reason we started recommending against it in 4.1. Before I get too much into this specific case a much more detailed look at force_bidirectional and how it relates to dashboards see http://docs.perfsonar.net/psconfig_meshconfig_migrate.html#special-notes-on-force-bidirectional-and-changes-to-maddash-display

As for your dashboards, the common denominator in the all orange GPN column in the first grid and the all orange GPN row in the second is both are trying to store their results in the archive http://speedy.greatplains.net/esmond/perfsonar/archive/. It would appear it is having trouble doing so. Based on other emails on the list, I'd start by running "/usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/system_environment/configure_esmond --force" and take note if it changes the "_auth-token" field in /etc/perfsonar/psconfig/archives.d/esmond_local.json. The initial migration scripts we released could allow for that value to get set incorrectly.