perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Managing Multiple Perfsonar Host

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Managing Multiple Perfsonar Host

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Viral Patel <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Managing Multiple Perfsonar Host
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 06:38:55 -0700
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi Viral,

Sounds like you have things correct so far. It also sounds like you are now at the point where you want to verify you are getting results and would like to setup a dashboard to do that? Before doing that, if you want a quick check, you can visit the URL below in a browser and if you see any results you know at least some of your hosts are storing things (I am assuming perfsonar.local is your machine with the central management bundle installed):

For actually displaying the results, from what you described you already have the dashboard software, MaDDash, installed on your central node as part of the central management bundle. To configure MaDDash do the following:

1. SSH into your host with the central management bundle installed
2. Add the Mesh URL http://perfsonarl.local/mesh.json to /etc/perfsonar/meshconfig-guiagent.conf
3. These next steps may not be necessary, but just to make sure everything is running run the following:
         systemctl restart perfsonar-meshconfig-guiagent
         systemctl restart maddash-server
4. In a web browser, try visiting http://perfsonarl.local/maddash-webui. Likely you will see some default meshes that load. There is a menu in the upper left, click on that and see if you see your dashboards listed. If not, you may need to wait a couple minutes.

From there depending on what you see you may need to do some further debugging. The MaDDash documentation is here: http://software.es.net/maddash/index.html

Also, for what its worth the MeshConfig software is getting replaced in our next major version that should be out in a few weeks. It should be compatible with everything you do in MeshConfig and will automatically transition things over. It is intended to work a bit smoother and the documentation is more complete. If you are interested, information on obtaining the beta version can be found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/4.1b1/install_rcs.html