perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Test results unavailable on dashboard

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Test results unavailable on dashboard

  • From: Trond Endrestøl <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Test results unavailable on dashboard
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 20:27:55 +0200 (CEST)
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 20:18+0200, Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:49-0400, Andrew Lake wrote:
>
> > I think there is indeed an issue with cassandra’s default config and
> > IPv6-only hosts. Can you try the following:
> >
> > 1. Open /etc/cassandra/conf/cassandra-env.sh
> > 2. Find and comment-out the line JVM_OPTS=“$JVM_OPTS -Djava.net
> > .preferIPv4Stack=true”
> > 3. Save the changes.
> > 4. Restart cassandra with systemctl restart cassandra
> >
> > Might want to double check there are no other references to
> > -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
> > in that file, mine just had the one. Also since you have been changing
> > /etc/hosts, make sure localhost still resolves to ::1. Its possible we may
> > need to play with the Java opts some more, but hopefully that is all you
> > need. Seems to be a known issue with cassandra. We aren’t the authors of
> > the cassandra RPM, but if that indeed fixes your issue we can look at
> > having one of our packages correct that issue on install (it won’t be the
> > first time we have had to some hand-holding for cassandra’s RPM).
> >
> > Also, as an aside, there should be no requirement to disable your
> > firewall.
> > I think you said that didn’t work anyways but all communication with
> > cassandra is done on localhost and should not be affected by the host
> > firewall.
>
> I reverted all my IPv4 perversion, commented out the IPv4Stack line in
> /etc/cassandra/conf/cassandra-env.sh, and rebooted the whole system.
>
> Cassandra might be running IPv6 only now, but the web interface shows
> Error loading test listing: Internal Server Error. Previously it
> showed something else, but no results from any test.

I added my fake IPv4 address, and restarted Apache. Still no
improvement. I made the IPv4 address resolvable via /etc/hosts, and
restarted Apache again. Now the web interface shows "Test Results (No
Results)". Maybe it's time to tinker with /etc/httpd/*.

--
Trond.