perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Is NSCD Required?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Is NSCD Required?

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: , Tony Plovich <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Is NSCD Required?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:21:17 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:GnPiuBKPwITNgpFD69mcpTZWNBhigK39O0sv0rFitYgUK/7xwZ3uMQTl6Ol3ixeRBMOAtKIC1rKempujcFJDyK7JiGoFfp1IWk1NouQttCtkPvS4D1bmJuXhdS0wEZcKflZk+3amLRodQ56mNBX660e/5j8KGxj5KRE9ZqGsQtaT3IyL0LWq9ofdeAJOjSD4fKh/Nj23qxncrM8bndEkJ6osjlP1pX1ZM9xSwn1pLlLbyx/k4sCu/ZVj2y1Wv7Qu8NAWAovgeKFtZLpUFjk5e0Q858Cj4RDFQRqn62BaVGgKxEkbSzPZ5Q33C8+i+hDxsfBwjWzDZZX7

Hi,

IIf you are running a lot of owamp tests, you’ll likely want some type of DNS cache to make sure you’re not doing a bunch of unnecessary lookups.  NSCD is a relatively lightweight way of doing that, which is why its included in the toolkit. If you disable the nscd daemon, you may want to look into setting up a local bind server or similar to do the caching.