perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] probably noobish question

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] probably noobish question

  • From: Rajan Patel <>
  • To: Steven Wallace <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>, James Deaton <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] probably noobish question
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:21:00 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

My guess is you will have to write some scripts to parse your logs from perfSonar and import them into InfluxDB, and then use Grafana to visualize the data.

Coincidentally, I am writing some scripts which are intended for end-users that do not have the ability to run perfSonar but need NDT upload/download metrics tracked over time and beautifully visualized. I plan on having these end-users compile and install web100clt, and run NDT download tests against several MLAB NDT hosts. Bash scripts will parse the web100clt output and put the data into InfluxDB, and Grafana will be the tool for visualizing it.

This does not substitute my perfSonar setup, but helps me get some basic tools and reporting distributed across some end-users.

My goal is to expose net neutrality throttling violations as data flows between tier 2 and tier 1 networks. I'm still at the very early stages of putting this all together.

Hopefully others will be able to chime in as well, Grafana is supposed to be spectacular. I know the folks over at Cloudflare are bigtime fans of it, and recently released some plugin for users to visualize their DNS data with Grafana.

Rajan