perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Suggestion on the docs..

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Suggestion on the docs..

  • From: Michael Tiernan <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Suggestion on the docs..
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:19:35 -0400

I'm finally getting my hosts back to normal and am reading the docs to do so.

During the process i came across this page:
http://docs.perfsonar.net/manage_admin_info.html#adding-node-metadata

Which discusses these items and associated definitions:
    Node Role
        It describes the node roles in the domain. It helps potential users of this node to recognize the place of node installation in the owners’ domain. You may select multiple Roles for a node.

    Node Access Policy
        It is used to indicate the access policy for a node: whether it’s a public access node, private with no access, R&E only or with limited access. You may select only one Access Policy for a node.

What I'd really have expected there was a referral to a discussion or definition of what the different values of "Role" are and what they each mean and the same with "Policy" as well as an after discussion about any ramifications of the different choices one could make.

  • [perfsonar-user] Suggestion on the docs.., Michael Tiernan, 06/24/2016