perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Cassandra problem RHEL 6.8

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Cassandra problem RHEL 6.8

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: "" <>, Daniel Manzo <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Cassandra problem RHEL 6.8
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 13:00:19 -0700

Hi,

You are running cassandra in an unsupported mode so it may just be the case your setup won’t work. Cassandra has 4GB minimum requirements and thus so does a full blown toolkit running esmond. The tweaks I gave you are probably your best bet as far as getting it running. The logs seem to indicate cassandra is running, or at least aren’t saying why it’s crashing. If you have a java process running that looks like cassandra it may be fine (you can’t always trust init scripts). I don’t know if you have any regular test configured but you may want to try reducing the number of test you run down to just a handful since you are gonna be pushing the limits of your host. That’s probably the best advice we can give considering it’s an unsupported setup.