perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Lookup Service IP versus hostname

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Lookup Service IP versus hostname

  • From: Ryan Hitch <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Lookup Service IP versus hostname
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 18:25:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am setting up a dynamic mesh with a private lookup service (which is also running Maddash and CMA).
Some of my clients register with this server using their IP address versus hostname, and I occasionally get clients registered twice.
For example, I see 192.168.188.5 and its hostname (ps5.node.sonar) when I do:
curl -v -H "Content-Type: application/js" -X GET http://localhost:8090/lookup/records/?type=service
These also show up as both hostname and IP in Maddash.

How can I get nodes to register consistently by hostname?
How can I remove the IP entries from my private lookup server?

Thanks!
Ryan