perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Dual NIC's on Same Subnet

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Dual NIC's on Same Subnet

  • From: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC]" <>
  • To: "Manglos, Andrew P (JPL-173E)[Jet Propulsion Laboratory]" <>, "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Dual NIC's on Same Subnet
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 20:43:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Andrew,

I’m currently running perfsonar nodes with two  interfaces in the same subnet.  Are the following sysctl settings activated in your kernel?

net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore=1

net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce=2

net.ipv4.conf.default.arp_filter=1

net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_filter=1

Can you ping out from both interfaces on your host?

ping [-I interface or address] destination

-George