perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] None of my nodes have Agent_Configuration file yet still connect

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] None of my nodes have Agent_Configuration file yet still connect

  • From: Shawn McKee <>
  • To: Michael Reece <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] None of my nodes have Agent_Configuration file yet still connect
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 19:23:29 -0400

Right, ignore my other email :)   I should have read ahead in my emails.

Shawn

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Michael Reece <> wrote:
Never mind Shawn, the new path was there I just wasn't reading it right.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Michael Reece <> wrote:
Thank you for the reply Shawn, but when I checked for the location of the file I wanted (agent configuration), it still seems to be in the same place: /opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/etc/agent_configuration.conf

However, when I go to that location on my machine, there are no files. But there are also no files on the other nodes yet they are working fine, so I assumed that the agent configuration file must be somewhere else. Perhaps I am misreading the link that was sent to me. I checked the path given at:
http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/3.5.1/config_files.html#config-files-meshconfig-conf-agent

Please somebody correct me if I am checking the wrong location. Just confused as to where the agent configuration is, since it must be somewhere on the machines. Otherwise, how do they know the URL of the central configuration JSON file which tell the nodes what tests to run?