perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] customizing the (maddash) web interface

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] customizing the (maddash) web interface

  • From: Jonathon A Anderson <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] customizing the (maddash) web interface
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 00:51:10 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

I have maddash[1] installed via rpm on a Red Hat 6 box.[2]

I customized /opt/maddash/maddash-webui/etc/config.json[3], but my changes
aren’t reflected in the actual web interface.

I tried restarting maddash-server; apache (httpd); even rebooting the server;
but the original settings persist. e.g., the title is still “My perfSONAR
Dashboard” and the correct dashboard is not selected by default.

Any tips for debugging?

~jonathon

[2]:
[root@mdash1
~]# rpm -qa | grep maddash
maddash-1.2-2.noarch
maddash-webui-1.2.0.4-1.noarch
maddash-server-1.2.0.6-1.noarch

[1]:
[root@mdash1
~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.7 (Santiago)

[3]:
[root@mdash1
~]# cat /opt/maddash/maddash-webui/etc/config.json
{
"title":"University of Colorado Boulder perfSONAR Dashboard",
"defaultDashboard": "University of Colorado Boulder",
"enableAdminUI": true,
"grids":{
"OWAMP":{
"cellSize": 13,