perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Bandwidth measurement with LIVA X 2GB/32GB eMMC

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Bandwidth measurement with LIVA X 2GB/32GB eMMC

  • From: Hyojoon Kim <>
  • To: Mark Feit <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Bandwidth measurement with LIVA X 2GB/32GB eMMC
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 20:52:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hello Mark,

Thank you for this explanation!

One possible way to have *some* level of security could be through just using stateless iptables rules. Adding *stateless* iptables rules does not enable the nf_conntrack kernel modules, thus does not degrade the bw performance of the LIVA box (i.e., iptables rules without '-m state' option).

However, I am not sure if stateless iptables rules are enough and what are the consequences when the box only has stateless rules :-P

Thanks,
Joon