perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] OWAMP - small help needed

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] OWAMP - small help needed

  • From: Miki <>
  • To: Daniel Doyle <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] OWAMP - small help needed
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 18:12:40 +0100

Dan,

Thanks for answer. Firewall table is empty and all 3 chains are set to ACCEPT.

I've got testing port numbers from admin, but i forgot to add them in owping command.
Now i have another message:
"owping: FILE=owping.c, LINE=1598, Unable to open control connection to $destination_host".

Now it is connected to router which is connected to a modem. Tomorrow i will try to connect device directly to modem, to get public IP, and i will write results.

telnet command is being timed out. But admin told me that everything is checked, i should be able to connect.

Do you have in mind what can cause error "Unable to open control connection" ?

Thanks,
Miki

Miki,

Maybe a dumb question, but have you verified that the firewall rules either on the machine itself or along the way to the machine on your faculty network are allowing that port? You will need both the control port and the test ports allowed, which are typically 861 for control and 8760-9960 for testing.

A quick "telnet $yourhost 861" from home should reveal whether or not you are able to talk to the owampd process from home.

-Dan