perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Issue with Multiple Interfaces

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Issue with Multiple Interfaces

  • From: "Lang, Michael" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Issue with Multiple Interfaces
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 19:54:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hello,

I’m having some trouble running tests with a perfSONAR node that has multiple interfaces.  The node in question has three interfaces on it:

ps2-management.net.uconn.edu (default interface, host traffic)

ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu (10G interface, bandwidth/throughput testing)

ps2-latency.net.uconn.edu (1G interface, latency testing)

There is no problem with bandwidth testing, for example if I do:

/usr/bin/bwctl -T iperf3 -t 10 -v -c perfsonar-hartford.cen.ct.gov -s ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu

The correct endpoints run the test.

The problem I have is with bwtraceroute and bwping.  If I run tests specifying ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu as an endpoint like this:

/usr/bin/bwtraceroute -T tracepath -c perfsonar-hartford.cen.ct.gov -s ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu

or

bwping -T owamp -i 0.1 -N 100 -c perfsonar-storrs.cen.ct.gov -s ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu

the test will run but it selects the default interface p2-management.net.uconn.edu as an endpoint in the test.  If I try to correct it with:

/usr/bin/bwtraceroute -T tracepath -c perfsonar-hartford.cen.ct.gov -s ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu -B ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu

or

bwping -T owamp -i 0.1 -N 100 -c perfsonar-storrs.cen.ct.gov -s ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu -B ps2-throughput.net.uconn.edu

the test runs with the same incorrect endpoints and prints the additional message:

bwtraceroute: getaddrinfo(): Network is unreachable

bwping: getaddrinfo(): Network is unreachable

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong or how to fix this?  Thanks in advance.

-          Mike

  • [perfsonar-user] Issue with Multiple Interfaces, Lang, Michael, 11/24/2015