perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Throughput testing question

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Throughput testing question

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: John Bell <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Throughput testing question
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:40:06 -0800

Does bwctl work between those hosts when run from the command line?

Sent from my Phone

On Nov 11, 2015, at 1:16 PM, John Bell <> wrote:

Hello everyone,

We are getting many reports of slow network on campus, so we have configured an ubuntu server desktop with the perfsonar-TestPoint bundle. I then setup a test from one of our PerfSonar servers at the edge of our network. The tests are completing, but on the graph for results it shows an error: "Error from bwctl/: Tool is not defined”.

On both hosts, I have verified that bwctl is installed in /usr/bin. Is there a configuration file issue? I am unable to locate why one of the nodes cannot use bwctl. There is nothing in the log /var/log/perfsonar/bwtcl.log on the main PerfSonar server, nor anything in /var/log/syslog on the ubuntu server related to bwctl.

I apologize if this is a larger question than I realize, and thank you for your assistance.

Thank you!

-‐ John Bell

IT Networks

University of New Mexico