perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Raspberry Node Setup!

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Raspberry Node Setup!

  • From: Daniel Doyle <>
  • To: Sultan Sharief <>
  • Cc: Sultana Sharief Shaik <>, "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>, "" <>, Brian Tierney <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Raspberry Node Setup!
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:38:58 -0400

NDT results are not stored to the best of my knowledge anywhere - it is ad hoc testing designed for interactive, one time use debugging or investigating. The tests that do get stored are referred to as "regular tests" that happen on some regular period and thus can be graphed and used to observe where changes occur over time.

I'm not sure I quite understand the second question about confidential data. If the toolkit is installed on a server with a publicly accessible IP address, the test results are by default available to anyone that knows where to look. Certain bits such as configuring the tests and changing information about the node is by default restricted to requiring an authorized web user to access. Any or all of this can be changed by modifying the apache configuration, though doing so is beyond the scope of the pS support team. I know of at least a few persons/organizations that have restricted their toolkit instances via SSOs or even just basic apache authentication.

-Dan