perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] MaDDash UI issues WRT source and destination

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] MaDDash UI issues WRT source and destination

  • From: "Christopher J. Tengi" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] MaDDash UI issues WRT source and destination
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:06:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We are just starting to work on deploying MadDash and we have found an issue
with the user interface that we would like to “fix.”

It appears that the names listed down the left edge of a grid are expected to
be the source nodes and those listed across the top are expected to be the
destination nodes. This was surmised based on the text displayed just under
the menu bar that says something like "128.112.128.61 to 128.112.128.107
(Loss Reverse).” What we noticed, however, was that the Source and
Destination shown in the graph section did not always match that top-of-pane
"title" text. Sometimes, the value to the left of the “to” was the Source,
and sometimes it was the Destination.

Which is which in the graph depends on whether you click in the top or bottom
half of the colored box in the grid. There are 2 links for each tiny box on
the screen, and unless we zoom in, it requires very careful mouse control to
get a page displayed where the title matches the graph. A quick look at the
documentation found at http://software.es.net/maddash/ did not lead me to an
explanation about whether or not this was the expected behavior. What I’d
really like to know, however, is how I can turn it off and make each square a
single link where the source node is the one listed on the left of the grid
and the destination node is the one listed on the top.

Thanks,
/Chris

  • [perfsonar-user] MaDDash UI issues WRT source and destination, Christopher J. Tengi, 08/31/2015