perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] tuning OSX server hardware

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] tuning OSX server hardware

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] tuning OSX server hardware
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:03:02 +0000

Hi Jason,

> Le 21 juil. 2015 à 12:09, Jason Zurawski
> <>
> a écrit :
>
> All;
>
> I was reviewing this page recently, and noticed the info could be a bit
> stale:
>
> https://fasterdata.es.net/host-tuning/osx/
>
> Is there anyone out there that has successfully installed/is running
> perfSONAR software on Mac OS X server hardware? If so do these tuning
> recommendations still make sense or are there other tricks to consider?
> At a minimum the bufmax values should be higher - 32M/64M probably.

I’m not currently running perfSONAR tools regularly from my OS X host, but I
can confirm that a stock OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite has the following defaults:

net.inet.tcp.win_scale_factor: 3
net.inet.tcp.autorcvbufmax: 1048576
net.inet.tcp.autosndbufmax: 1048576

Setting higher values seems to still be required.

The sysctl.conf format file is

sysctl_mib=value

(not with ":")

Antoine.