perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] What are the steps to debug a Script Timeout Error

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] What are the steps to debug a Script Timeout Error

  • From: "Andrew Lake" <>
  • To: "Philip Papadopoulos" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] What are the steps to debug a Script Timeout Error
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 09:49:39 -0700 (PDT)

Excellent. I have added it to our source tree and will make sure it gets in the next release. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Andy

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Philip Papadopoulos <> wrote:

Thanks, Andrew.
Patch seems to be working.. :-)

Best,
Phil

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:22 AM, Andrew Lake <> wrote:
Hi Phillip,

I think you may have stumbled upon a bug in that graphs page. If you have 15 or less tests with data in the last month, then it shows a version of the page with a summary for throughput and/or latency. If you have more than that it just lists the endpoints. In your case, you have 14 tests with data in the last month it would appear so it wants to display a summary. Unfortunately when it goes to get the summary results, it doesn’t properly filter, and tries to grab throughput/latency/loss data for around ~230 tests that have no data in the last month in addition to the 14 that do which is causing a timeout.

If you’d like, attached is a patch for you to try to see if it fixes things. Download the file and run the following to apply it (replace path-to-file/graphs.patch with the location where you downloaded the patch:

cd /opt/perfsonar_ps/serviceTest
patch -p1 < path-to-file/graphs.patch

No restarts or anything after that, just try reloading the page.

Hope that helps,
Andy