perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] System/responsibility stratification.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] System/responsibility stratification.

  • From: Michael Tiernan <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] System/responsibility stratification.
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 12:12:05 -0400

With the ongoing development and maturity of the PS tools, has the idea
of stratification been discussed?

Objective/Fer-instance:
If I/MIT implements a gateway level PS system(s) properly ensconced in
the grand unified mesh configuration and I implement my own targeted PS
system that only tests certain things.

1) Does that targeted system get sucked up into the mesh or can that be
prevented?

2) Can the targeted "tentacles" report back to the master level system
to help provide a larger scale view of the involved network?

Thanks for everyone's time.