perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] bwping/owamp tests randomly stop and never restart

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] bwping/owamp tests randomly stop and never restart

  • From: "Andrew Lake" <>
  • To: "Ty Bell" <>
  • Cc: "GarnizovIvan (RRZE)" <>, "perfsonar-user" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] bwping/owamp tests randomly stop and never restart
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 04:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ty,

On the toolkit we do a nightly restart of regular_testing and owampd. Per my previous note, lately the nightly owampd restarts have given us fits. In 3.5 we have split out the component that makes sure services are up and does regular restarts into it’s own RPM, so you won’t have to do custom crons in the future.