perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR and Netflow raw data retrieval

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR and Netflow raw data retrieval

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: "Tshabalala, Devine (Mr) (s210051701)" <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Szymon Trocha <>, Roderick Mooi <>, Kevin Draai <>, Shukri Wiener <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR and Netflow raw data retrieval
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 07:52:45 -0400

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 4:58 AM, Tshabalala, Devine (Mr) (s210051701) <> wrote:

​​​Good day

Hope you are well. I want to request for some assistance here, l  am doing a lab experiment on Net-flow and perfSONAR. My challenge is "l want to know where is the actual raw data for Net-flow being stored, that is used to generate the reports, any ideas about this?".

perfSONAR does not support netflow at this time.

I tried to search but no lucky. I am using netflow analyzer manageEngine as my collector. Secondly, l did some test using iperf and stored my results as .txt. l am able to see my results remotely through ssh as shown on figure attached. Therefore, is there a way l can retrieve these results, out of my perfsonar devices such that l can use them to develop my own graphs?

If you are running scheduled iperf tests using the perfSONAR Toolkit, results are stored in esmond, the measurement archive.

For info on developing your own scripts to retrieve data from esmond, seehttp://software.es.net/esmond/perfsonar_client_perl.html

You can also use the Esmond JSON API directly in your web browser of choice. I would recommend having a JSON prettifier plugin installed in your browser to make it a lot easier to view. Assuming you have a default toolkit installation the url would be:

to get an initial listing of the tests available. The documentation link above has a lot more information on where to go from there.

Kind regards

DevineTshabalala

Masters Student

Department School of ICT : l.T. Communication Networks

(North Campus)
Tel: 078 491 6130

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him and
Action is the foundational key to all success.

--
Brian Tierney, http://www.es.net/tierney
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), Berkeley National Lab