perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Why do I get "301 Moved Permanently" when trying to publish data?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Why do I get "301 Moved Permanently" when trying to publish data?

  • From: Robert Frank <>
  • To: Antoine Delvaux <>, Alan Whinery <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Why do I get "301 Moved Permanently" when trying to publish data?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:38:20 +0100

Hi,

the problem might just be a missing / at the end of the url:

curl http://localhost/esmond/perfsonar/archive => returns a 301

curl http://localhost/esmond/perfsonar/archive/ => returns the data

Cheers,
Robert

On 20/04/15 19:55, Antoine Delvaux wrote:
Hi Alan,

I’m no esmond expert, but it might just be a curl failure. Have you tried
adding the -L option to your query?

Running the examples on a regular 3.4.2 perfSONAR node I don’t see this
error. Do you have some customisation in place?

Antoine.

Le 18 avr. 2015 à 01:57, Alan Whinery
<>
a écrit :

I'm attempting to publish data to esmond, using examples from both the
perl client and rest client example pages --
http://software.es.net/esmond/perfsonar_client_rest.html
http://software.es.net/esmond/perfsonar_client_perl.html

I'm assuming that if I use the credentials found in
/opt/perfsonar/regular_testing/etc/regular_testing.conf, I should be
able to perform the "publishing data" examples.

On the curl based REST example, with the changed api-key and changing
the query URL to http://localhost/esmond/perfsonar/archive/ the response is:

HTTP/1.1 301 MOVED PERMANENTLY