perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] bwctl using milliseconds for interval designation on Ubuntu?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] bwctl using milliseconds for interval designation on Ubuntu?

  • From: John-Paul Robinson <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] bwctl using milliseconds for interval designation on Ubuntu?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:21:23 -0600

Hi,

I've installed bwctl on a variety of machines lately and have discovered
that bwctl on Ubuntu (14.04) uses milleseconds for the -i argument
instead of seconds as on other platforms. If I use bwctl from my Ubuntu
node in local or third party tests and set "-i 1", I get an error from
the iperf layer complaining that the interval is too short and that it
has been increased to 0.5 seconds. If I set "-i 1000", I get the
expected one second interval behavior.

Has anyone else encountered this?

~jpr

  • [perfsonar-user] bwctl using milliseconds for interval designation on Ubuntu?, John-Paul Robinson, 02/27/2015