perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] fail2ban and watcher_log_archive_cleanup cron emails in new installed 3.4.1 instance, and hard drive install issue

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] fail2ban and watcher_log_archive_cleanup cron emails in new installed 3.4.1 instance, and hard drive install issue

  • From: Philippe Laurens <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] fail2ban and watcher_log_archive_cleanup cron emails in new installed 3.4.1 instance, and hard drive install issue
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:44:14 -0500

Hi Andy,

Yes, I can confirm that the fail.local solution works
as intended.

On psmsu01 I installed jail.local, restarted fail2ban,
cleared the mail queue: zero message have been added
to the mail queue since.

psmsu02 was the control sample and just had fail2ban restarted,
the queue cleared, but the jail files were NOT touched:
more messages have appeared on its mail queue since this morning.

Cross-check: the /var/log/messages file on both nodes
show ongoing fail2ban activity during that period.

Thanks,

Philippe