perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Fwd: I2 - Transitioning from Observatory to PAS

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Fwd: I2 - Transitioning from Observatory to PAS

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Fwd: I2 - Transitioning from Observatory to PAS
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 13:33:11 -0500

For those not on the other lists.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Grover Browning <>
Date: Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Subject: I2 - Transitioning from Observatory to PAS
To: "" <>,

Good Afternoon!

The New Year means it’s time for some house cleaning. The Performance Assurance Service (which is mostly just perfSonar) has been up for a bit over a year now. We’ve got out internal Layer-2 and Layer-3 meshes established, ad-hoc testers up, and are working through establishing regular & routine testing with our directly connected sites/users. The system has been working well and we’re now ready to start thinking about turning down the old Observatory system.

If you are using the older observatory servers for routine testing then I would encourage you to shift over to the new ad-hoc servers or contact the NOC so we can turn up scheduled tests with you if your site is directly connected to Internet2.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

As a reminder, here’s the description of the perSonar, uh, I mean PAS, service. The Features & FAQ tab have the most useful information.

-Grover

--
Brian Tierney, http://www.es.net/tierney
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), Berkeley National Lab

  • [perfsonar-user] Fwd: I2 - Transitioning from Observatory to PAS, Brian Tierney, 01/07/2015