perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] omit_interval

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] omit_interval

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Brian Candler <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] omit_interval
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 13:50:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Brian,

> On Dec 21, 2014, at 5:13 PM, Brian Candler
> <>
> wrote:
>
> It looks like you can get an option like "-O 2" on the bwctl/iperf3 command
> line by setting
>
> omit_interval 2
>
> in /opt/perfsonar_ps/regular_testing/etc/regular_testing.conf (I'm just
> trying it now)
>
> If so, can I ask that this be made a field in the GUI? It's very useful not
> to include the time during ramp-up.
>
> I'm afraid I don't do GUIs :-)

I’ve avoided putting tool-specific configuration options into the GUI
themselves, because it becomes unclear whether or not those options are in
place when someone just has iperf, and not iperf3 on the box being tested to.
I’ll probably start adding some of those in later once we’ve got a wider
bwctl/iperf3 adoption, and probably after bwctl gets rewritten.

Cheers,
Aaron