perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Re: cannot build owamp 3.4-10 (missing I2util lib). Works in 3.4-6

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Re: cannot build owamp 3.4-10 (missing I2util lib). Works in 3.4-6

  • From: "Filippo Ardito (fardito)" <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Re: cannot build owamp 3.4-10 (missing I2util lib). Works in 3.4-6
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:04:54 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Aaron,

thanks for the prompt reply and the update on mailer. BTW the page I found it in still has the typo in two places (extra ’s’):

Also thanks for the I2util link, maybe it’s worth adding it in the owamp page to avoid questions like mine.

BTW I built the I2util tarball and tried to pass it to owamp on the cmd line, but it fails the same way:
lab@owping-vm:~/owamp-3.4$ ls ./../I2util-1.2/I2util/libI2util.a
./../I2util-1.2/I2util/libI2util.a

lab@owping-vm:~/owamp-3.4$ ./configure --help
[…]
  --with-I2util=<path>    defaults to using sub-dir if avail, otherwise
                          installed. If <path> specified, attempts to use
                          that.

lab@owping-vm:~/owamp-3.4$ ./configure --with-I2util=./../I2util-1.2/I2util/libI2util.a
[…]
configure: error: Couldn't find I2util library

But I’ll figure this out, no big deal.

Thanks again!
Filippo