perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Different results from iperf3 vs. bwctl -T iperf3

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Different results from iperf3 vs. bwctl -T iperf3

  • From: Brian Candler <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Different results from iperf3 vs. bwctl -T iperf3
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:59:04 +0000

Something else weird. bwctl is now saying "40 seconds until test results available" (or 38 or 39 seconds), even though the test itself covers only 10 seconds.

I noticed that after replacing bwctl-* packages with my own compiled/patched ones; but even after putting them back to the yum originals it's still doing it.

I guess I need to trace this code further to understand it :-(

The patch, by the way, is attached. It cleans up some compilation warnings:

- wrong buffer length passed to strncat: strncat copies up to 'n' characters *plus* a trailing zero
- wrong size passed to memcpy/memcmp: sizeof(sid), where sid is function argument uid8_t[16], gives sizeof(uid8_t*) instead
- unsigned<0 can never be true
- missing function prototypes
- (void*)!NULL -> (void*)1L
- assignment of NULL to 'char' member of struct
- extra parentheses around assignment used as truth expression

It may not actually change anything significant: I realised that since memcmp() is only checking the first 8 bytes of sid, it doesn't matter that only 8 bytes of it were copied.

Regards,

Brian.