perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Throughput suddenly unidirectional

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Throughput suddenly unidirectional

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Daniel Schmidt <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Throughput suddenly unidirectional
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 18:24:57 -0500

Hey Daniel;

Would you be able to provide a link to your node, or send along a screenshot,
to give us a better idea of what you are seeing?

Off the top of my head, here are a couple of typical reasons that tests could
fail:

- Firewalls in the path denying access to ports, or not enough ports
available for the number of tests that are running

- Lack of testing ‘slots’ available on one side or the other

- NTP synchronization issues

- Packet loss that prevents the test from starting or finishing.

If you send along your /var/log/perfsonar/owamp_bwctl.log file, we can have a
look to see what may be menacing your node. The other thing you can try is
some by-hand tests, something like:

bwctl -f m -x -T iperf3 -t 30 -i 1 -c HOST1 -s HOST2

Thanks;

-jason

On Dec 1, 2014, at 5:43 PM, Daniel Schmidt