perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Alert for services that don't running

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Alert for services that don't running

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Luís Felipe <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Alert for services that don't running
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:32:34 -0500

Hi Luis,

The main way I know of that people do this is two use Nagios
(http://www.nagios.com) or a similar system. You can do thing like check if
the services are listening on a particular port and get an email if they
aren't, etc. We do this on ESnet and I know of a number of others that do
similar.

On Nov 17, 2014, at 12:06 PM, Luís Felipe