perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Web Administrator user account from 3.3 not enabled in 3.4

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Web Administrator user account from 3.3 not enabled in 3.4

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Peter Gutierrez <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Web Administrator user account from 3.3 not enabled in 3.4
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 16:36:06 -0400

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the note. The situation you describe where a non-root user is not
properly getting added to the 'psadmin' group to administer the interface is
indeed NOT expected behavior. We have reviewed the script and are testing a
fix now. We will let everyone know when it's available. In the meantime, the
steps Peter outlined to remove and re-add the user is an easy way around it
if you think you have run into this issue.

Just to recap though, a number of users have reported getting the prompt when
only root users can get at the interface. Getting the prompt IS expected
behavior in that case.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we'll hopefully have a fix soon.

On Oct 8, 2014, at 3:24 PM, Peter Gutierrez