perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] PXE Install PerfSONAR

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] PXE Install PerfSONAR

  • From: Trey Dockendorf <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] PXE Install PerfSONAR
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:11:07 -0500

I thought I'd post this so that others could see an example of using PXE boot to Kickstart install PerfSONAR 3.3 using the NetInstall method.  After my perfsonar boxes got taken over due to the recent "shellshock" vulnerabilities, it was handy being able to re-provision them quickly via PXE.

The kickstart is almost identical to the one in the NetInstall image.

The files may need to be tweaked, especially the PXE boot file.  I put the ones generated by Foreman as examples.

The Kickstart has items in <% %> tags that need to be replaced.  The section at the bottom "Disable private interface" I added to disable the interface used for PXE since I don't want it enabled on the perfsonar box except when I'm provisioning.

- Trey

Trey Dockendorf
Systems Analyst I
Texas A&M University
Academy for Advanced Telecommunications and Learning Technologies
Phone: (979)458-2396
Email:
Jabber:

  • [perfsonar-user] PXE Install PerfSONAR, Trey Dockendorf, 09/30/2014