perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] How to ignore negative latency values in PerfSONAR Dashboard?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] How to ignore negative latency values in PerfSONAR Dashboard?

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Jeremy Palmer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] How to ignore negative latency values in PerfSONAR Dashboard?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:59:47 -0400

Hi Jeremy,

If you are using the meshconfig, I am not sure there is a way. If you edit your /etc/maddash/maddash-server/maddash.yaml file by hand though, do a text search for "check_owdelay.pl". You should see a command similar to the following:

/opt/perfsonar_ps/nagios/bin/check_owdelay.pl -u %maUrl -w 0.001 -c 0.1 -r 2700 -l -p -s %row -d %col

The -w and -c are the warning and critical thresholds respectively. To make negative values OK add \~: to the warning range. Example below:

/opt/perfsonar_ps/nagios/bin/check_owdelay.pl -u %maUrl -w \~:0.001 -c 0.1 -r 2700 -l -p -s %row -d %col

The \ is to escape the ~ so it isn't expanded to a home directory. The ~ is a special character meaning negative infinity. See the nagios threshold format documentation for more details: https://nagios-plugins.org/doc/guidelines.html#THRESHOLDFORMAT