perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] net install and live cd hang on discover_external_address

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] net install and live cd hang on discover_external_address

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: "Wefel, Paul" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] net install and live cd hang on discover_external_address
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:09:10 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Paul,

On Aug 18, 2014, at 7:07 PM, Wefel, Paul

> Anyone see this issue with the 3.3.2 netinst or the 3.3.2.7 livecd?
> The box gets an IP address on boot but during the
> discover_external_address process it hangs and it can’t be broken out of.

The discover external address is doing DNS/reverse DNS lookups, which may be
what’s hanging. Does DNS work on the host? I thought we put some timeouts to
make sure that those didn’t take an inordinate amount of time, but maybe that
isn’t in the released versions.

Cheers,
Aaron