perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Lockups on Dell r710s

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Lockups on Dell r710s

  • From: Trey Dockendorf <>
  • To: alex white <>
  • Cc: , , paul wisniewski <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Lockups on Dell r710s
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:39:20 -0500 (CDT)

That sounds like the right advice. Disabling C-States and P-States should
solve that.

You can try using tuned to change it from within the system. If you install
'tuned' then look at '/etc/tune-profiles/functions' the 'set_cpu_governor'
function shows how it's done "the RedHat" way.

Less evasive change would be edit '/etc/sysconfig/cpuspeed' and set
GOVERNOR=performance then 'service cpuspeed restart'.

- Trey

Trey Dockendorf
Systems Analyst I
Texas A&M University
Academy for Advanced Telecommunications and Learning Technologies
Phone: (979)458-2396
Email:

Jabber: